Saturday, September 29, 2012

Roo Bear Run....Isaac's 1st Race
















We participated in the Roo Bear Run in memory of our friend's daughter who passed away, Reagan (who was nicknamed Roo Bear) and to help raise money for Courageous Kids.  Isaac first ran in the kid's Fun Run.  At first he looked really nervous and uncertain of what to do since this was his first race ever.  I actually thought he was going to back out.  Once the other kids started to fun, Isaac decided to join in (even though he got a late start).  He finished and then was awarded a medal, like all of the other kids.  Isaac finished in the middle of the pack.

I then attempted to walk the 5K, but it was basically a disaster.  Eli was really fussy.  I had originally planned to have each kid in a stroller, and have our good friend Kim push one.  Well, one of the strollers malfunctioned and Isaac couldn't walk the entire distance, so we just stopped and played on the playground.  There was a raffle after the race, and I actually was the first name drawn. I won a pack of huge muffins.  I was excited because it's only the second time I've ever won anything in a drawing. I also discovered from the race that Smucker's Uncrustables (peanut butter and jelly sandwiches) are pretty tasty!  Isaac enjoyed playing with Joseph, a friend from church, after the race.  We had a good time with our friends, supporting a good cause!

No comments: