Saturday, October 1, 2011

Isaac - September 2011

























 















 
 
Our little Isaac just loves having fun, and loves being around people!  He loves making trips to visit at his grandparents' houses.  He really enjoys hanging out with his grandparents, cousins, and friends.  He has had a couple play dates with a new friend, Miles, who is our neighbor and goes to our church (a couple pics are above).  It's funny because he is often drawn to bigger boys.   We have been at a couple of places where there have been little kids of all ages and he tends to hit it off most with the 1st-2nd grade boys.  He has lots of interests!  His favorite thing to do is play outside.  He enjoys riding his tricycle, playing with his remote control car, swinging, sliding, and playing in the sandbox.  He also loves going to WKU football games with Grandad and Mimi (except he covers his ears when they score a touchdown because he's scared of the fireworks).  He even knows all the words to the WKU fight song, and wants to sing it often!  Isaac's other favorite song this month is "Baa Baa Black Sheep." 

Isaac is constantly learning new things.  He recently learned how to sign "I love you" with his hands. He is starting to get interested in clocks. He looks at the clock during nap time and knows that his nap time is not finished until the hand gets on the tractor (where the 12 is on normal clocks).  He loves books, especially his night-time Bible stories, The Berenstain Bears, and Curious George.  At night when I am tucking him in, Isaac also asks me to kiss his toy puppy, Cookie, and rabbit, Bun Bun, goodnight.

Isaac has said a lot of funny things this month.  I know I can do them justice by just writing them down.  However, I'm hoping for years later I can remember his little voice saying these funny things.  1. He's says "that's hilarious" all the time.  It's made me realize how often I say that phrase.
2.  Isaac replied  (referring to his cousin Jenna), "I didn't hurt her.  She got hurt all by herself."
3.  Isaac told Grandad when he was headed home from our house "Call me when you get home."  This cracked me up because he got that expression from Grandad.
4.  One day I must have been kind of mumbling to myself things to do as I made out a list, and Isaac said "Are you talking to yourself again?"
5.  For instance, Isaac wants to play in his room.  I say "we need to brush your teeth."  He says "first?"  He always says "first?" after almost everything request/command I make.
6.  When he is playing with Eli or is commenting about something little or sweet, he says "AWWHH."  He hears adults "ooh and awwhh" over babies and things that are sweet, so he has started saying this as well.
I know there are more phrases and expressions that he says, but this is all I can think of right now.  Our little guy always keeps us laughing!

We celebrated Labor Day in Greenville this year.  We helped with a yard sale at Grandmother Dot's house.  It was sad to sell her things, but needed to be done.  We also had a cookout at home with the Reed's and Joyce's. Isaac loved roasting and eating marshmallows the most!  The boy loves marshmallows!

Isaac loves his little brother, most of the time.  It's funny how he totally ignores Eli's cries.  When Eli cries, it doesn't seem to phase Isaac at all.  Isaac is getting better at playing by himself more.  Sometimes I'll walk by his room and hear him talking to himself or to his toys.  He is starting more "pretend play" now.  Even though he is playing more by himself, he also likes to follow me around the house.  Isaac has picked up a bad habit.  He bites his fingernails.  I wish there was a way to stop this habit early.  I have tried scare tactics by telling him how gross it is, how he is eating germs, and how he can get sick....but this doesn't seem to help at all.

We love Isaac so much!  He is full of personality and love!!!

No comments: