Monday, July 15, 2013

A Visit With Dr. Fraser

It was time for the boys' annual visit at the pediatrician's office.  Isaac, remembering that Dr. Fraser told him he would not have more shots until he was 11 years old, was not worried at all.  However, he asked me if Eli had to get shots.  When I told Isaac that Eli was due for a shot, he said "I'm going to tell Dr. Fraser that Eli is 1 so he won't have to get shots." 

Isaac went through the usual exam....weight/ height check, ears tested, peed in a cup, looked over by the doctor.  He did very well!

Poor Eli, on the other hand, cried the minute I started to take his shirt off.  He screamed the entire time until I put his clothes back on.  It's like he remembered his last visit, and was traumatized.  Fortunately he only had to get one shot, so it was quick!

The boys are growing!  Here are their updated measurements:
Isaac: Height 43 3/4 inches (70%), Weight 41 pounds (60%), BP 96/58 mmHg
Eli:  Height 33 1/2 inches (25%), Weight 24.4 pounds (15%)

I knew roughly where Eli fell on the charts because he is close to the same size Isaac was at that age.  I was especially shocked to see that Isaac was about the 50th percentile.  He is a head shorter than some of his buddies. However, he has had a growth spurt over the past couple of months!

No comments: