Saturday, August 12, 2017

1st day of School

The boys were a little sad that summer break was coming to an end.  However, after going to open house, they both started to get excited for school to begin.  Eli, starting kindergarten, is ready to make some friends his age!  After meeting his teacher, Mrs. Latham, and seeing his classroom, his nervousness transitioned to excitement.  Mrs. Latham told the class that they would make their name out of Play-Doh.  Eli mentioned this a couple times leading up to the first day, and I could tell he was looking forward to it. She also gave them glitter to put until their pillow to help them "sleep."  Eli reminded me to put his glitter under his pillow.  He slept great, and woke up ready to go.

Poor Isaac, on the other hand, who had not been nervous at all, did not sleep well the night before school started. He probably didn't fall asleep until about 2 am.  I'm assuming he was just a little anxious (as I always was the night before the first day of school each year).  

On the first day of school, I have to admit, both boys did great!  Isaac was all smiles. Eli may have been a little nervous, but he didn't cry or seem sad.  Both boys really like their teachers. 
When I asked Eli what his favorite thing about kindergarten was, he replied "everything!"  
Isaac has Mrs. Nelson for 4th grade, who I believe will challenge him.  I think it going to be a great year of learning and fun for both of my boys!

One final thing worth noting about the first week of school is that Eli threw up at the end of the second day, got a fever, and had to miss his third day of school.  Poor guy had a stomach virus and did not feel well at all.  Fortunately, he was back to his normal self quickly!















No comments: