Saturday, October 24, 2009

13th month










What's new at Isaac's 13th month?

Well, he is continuing to get busy and faster. It almost feels like he can run from me. He loves to climb anything possible. One day I was doing laundry and Isaac said "Mama." I turned around, and he was standing in the middle of the kitchen table. Wow, I didn't even know he could that yet. Another cool thing he does now is open the doors to the apartment and my car. I give him the keys, and he finds the apartment key and puts it in the keyhole for me. This is really handy when I have my arms full of stuff. He also likes to push the button on the car that unlocks it. He is definitely interested in pushing buttons and turning knobs. He has discovered how to open the doors between the rooms in our apartment. It was funny when he first got interested in closing doors, because he would shut it and then realize he was stuck (because he didn't know how to open them). That phase did not last long though, because he was determined to learn how to also open the doors.

He is using a spoon much better now with eating and is more independent with eating. When he likes what he is tasting, he has started saying "Ummm" for "Yummy." He seems to be growing and gaining weight, but he is still small for his age. He is still resistant to veggies (it's weird because he loved those baby food vegetables, so it must be the texture).

Daycare is still not going great. He has transitioned to the toddler room and is taking one 2-hour nap a day (11:30-1:30). He still screams when I drop him off in the mornings. It's funny because he will be fine as he waits on me to pick him up in the afternoon, but cries as soon as he sees my car pull up in the parking lot or when he sees me. He actually recognizes my car from a distance. One of his notes from his teacher said "Isaac enjoyed sinning in chapel." I believe she meant to say singing in chapel, but that was kind of humerous. This has actually happened two different times. He is fussy when he gets home from daycare, and it seems it's because he is very hungry and tired. We are hoping he starts eating better soon. He is still sick with a runny nose and chest congestion, so he really doesn't feel well either. One day at daycare, I was called to pick him up because he had a fever. The doctor said it was just a virus (and ruled out ear infection and swine flu/ h1n1) and he would just get over it with time.

Isaac is definitely starting to test his limits with us. We are finding it more and more crucial to set boundaries and really be consistent with discipline. This is very difficult for us, and feel we have much to learn in this area. If anyone has any tips, please share with us!

He is so observant. He really has always been that way it seems. I will be walking through the grocery store and not even look up, and Isaac goes "ohhh, ohhh" as he points up at balloons. He notices everything up high (balloons, planes, lights, fans, etc) and points at everything he recognizes.

I am not sure when to start potty training, but Isaac squats (as has since he could stand) when he poops. I decided to buy a little potty. He knows where his potty is, but just doesn't understand it's purpose. He likes to remove the bowl and stand inside the hole. I just thought since he already squats, I could just slide the potty under him so he would understand the process. It is just too early for him I guess, but it's not really working. Maybe in several more months he'll be more interested.

Now that he is more vocal, we are starting to get an idea of what his little voice will sound like. He said "BYE-BYE" so country that Adam and I just cracked up laughing. I told Adam he better talk to Isaac as much as possible so he doesn't get my very country accent.

Isaac is so much fun right now. Every month just seems to get better. I love when he laughs. He laughs really hard now, so hard that he has difficulty stopping. I just love it! It's so fun seeming him smile and laugh, and show those little teeth. Piggy back rides and ride a little horsey, always make him laugh!

The sweetest thing he does is pat and rub my arm. When he is tired or just wants his mommy, he just rubs my arm, and it is precious. He is trying to show love to me.

We love him so much!!!

No comments: