Saturday, November 5, 2011

Isaac October 2011

Isaac is one busy little guy!  He loves "doing" things.  He enjoys helping Daddy with yard work and running errands with me.  He always ask how many errands we have, and then wants to do more than the number I tell him.  He also helps me in the kitchen, especially when I'm making no-bake cookies.  He enjoys working puzzles and building things, like making castles and forts out of couch cushions and blankets. This month he went to Hopscotch (an indoor play place), a cookout, fall festival at church and school, trick-or-treating to a friend's house (and Isaac really wanted to go to more houses but we didn't have enough time), and his cousin Jenna's birthday party!!! 

Isaac is always keeping us entertained with his expressions!  He likes to stretch his arms out and feet apart in the doorway and says "I block you."  It doesn't bother me that he does this at home.  However, recently, he has started doing this to strangers in the grocery store.  A couple of times he stood in front of their cart and "blocked" them.   We had to have a talk about that!  Isaac loves trying to be like his Daddy.  He said "I am going to grow up so I can mow and exercise."  He went to school on an optional day during Fall break.  When he walked into the classroom, he said "where are all the kids?" as he threw his arms out like he was confused.  One day Grandmama was going to start the lawn mower.  Isaac said "you just pull the string" (as he motioned it).  It amazes me what kids learn through observation.  He will still often ask me, "Are you talking to yourself?" if he hears me mumble (and it's funny because I never realized I did that).  This month, he has started calling us Mom and Dad mostly, instead of Mommy and Daddy.  He remembers a lot of details from the past, and will say that whatever the topic is "happened yesterday when I was 2."  He calls our babysitter (who's name is Valerie) Balerie.  He has a little trouble with his "V" sound.  He definitely likes to give his opinion when I dress him.  I will put his clothes on and he will say "that's too big" or "that's perfect."  One time when dressing him in a shirt with an airplane on it, he replied "that's girly."  When he wakes up from napping, he always yells, "can I get up now?"  I'm really surprised he doesn't just get up, but I'm glad he doesn't.  I will tell him yes or no, and if I say no he goes back to sleep.  It's really nice!  However, the yelling often wakes up his little brother.  One day Isaac decided to mix up all the puzzle pieces from all his puzzles.  It was a mess.  So, Isaac got to help me put each of the puzzle pieces from each puzzle into individual stacks.  We had them all sorted except for one puzzle. I was looking hard but wasn't having any luck finding the pieces.  Isaac said "it might be in the Dora box."  The little stinker knew right where they were the whole time.  Finally, Isaac (as I mentioned last month) likes to say "first?"  He will want to do something, and I'll tell him to do a task, and he will say "first," assuming that he will get to do the other activity that he requested after he finishes the task. It's kind of tricky, and I have to really pay attention to what I am agreeing to.

Isaac loves bath time!  He would play in the bath for hours if we would let him.  He pretends he's in a boat and says "Mommy, where do you want to go in my boat?"  He has also realized that if he lays on his back and stretches out his arms and legs, that he is the same length as the tub.  He says he's really long!

Isaac has discovered that he is scared of the dark.  He really doesn't like being by himself, especially at night.  His bad habit of biting his nails is still present, and he has a new bad habit.  He has started picking his nose and eating his boogers.  For a boy who is so picky with food, I cannot possibly imagine why he thinks boogers taste good.  Oh well, that's a toddler boy for ya! 

Isaac is working on learning his right and left.  We work on this a lot in the car on the way to preschool.  He is also sitting in church with us now.  He really likes going to big church!  The final thing I'd like to mention about Isaac is that he absolutely loves it, and gets so excited when his Daddy gets home from work!  It is so sweet to see how much he loves his Daddy!!!


























 

No comments: